20 May 2012

kids say the silliest things....

I get the great ...privilege... to teach primary at church. My friend Lara and I teach all of the 4-5 year old kids. They're pretty much all rambunctious little boys that like to pile on top of each other on the floor and their favorite thing to do is to end up falling over on the floor. They're super cute.

Today when I asked them if they knew who President Monson was, and one of the little boys said, "Yes! He lives in my cul-de-sac!" (Yeah...he's really the Prophet...)

The same boy told me, "When I start drinkin' orange juice, I just can't stop!" haha okay...

and then he burped. Which all of the other boys thought was hilarious, and he was just giggling and giggling and when we tried to get him to say "excuse me," he said, "It's just too funny I can't!"

then another little boy said, "You guys! Can't we just be reverent?!" (he was very exasperated)

You get them talking and they never stop! They're just full of stories!

And let's not even get started on singing time and sharing time...

Henry, who is in the 5 year old's class, and who came into the gym when I was working there, saw me, and immediately started hugging me. I was like, "Henry, you need to go sit down with your class" and he said, "Can I kiss you?" unfortunately, I had to say no, but there was no way to get him to stop hugging me. Apparently we are dating. haha

And then during sharing time, they were playing a matching game (this is Junior Primary, so everyone is 3-8 years old) and every time a match was made, you would've thought that they had won the lottery. There was literally an eruption of cheering every time they made a match. And one of the sunbeams screamed "Rock and Roll" during one of the cheering times. Haha! It was great!

And finally after having 6 closing prayers, and besides them trying to get us to sing Once There Was A Snowman the whole time, it was a pretty successful day. But I am pretty excited. I babysit/ have babysat most of the kids in my class and I love them, so it will be fun and never boring! haha

Happy Sunday!

1 comment :

  1. i totally wish i taught primary too. i moved out of my family ward to quick to get a cool calling like that :( live it up!

    jemmza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete