05 December 2012

a memory

I love this quote, and on a completely unrelated note, here's something I wrote a couple months ago. 


written July 28, 2012


One time I saw heaven.
I can see it; clear as the day it happened.

It happened in a room full of people who started out as strangers. A room full of people who had found each other because they wanted to be part of something great.

We sat there for hours, watching peoples’ emotions spill out of them until they flowed down their self-same rivers. Rivers that were once running in no direction; we were all lost once. Rivers that now all ran in the same direction.

I sat there. We sat there. We sat in our Sunday best. We sat in our suits and our pearls, trying to make the final photograph of us all together a good one.

It was the end. It really was. We couldn't make it last any longer. We all wondered if we had achieved what we had gathered to do. If we had become what we wanted to become.

We did not know that an undeniable answer was about to come.

And then we sang.

And I saw heaven. I looked over my shoulder, and I saw heaven.

They were singing.
I was singing.
We were singing.

We stood of our own accord. The feeling crashed into the room, the feeling was so strong that you could almost hear it.

And at that moment I like to think we all knew it. We all knew that earth was full of angels.

No comments :

Post a Comment