14 September 2014

GETTING THERE// LIFE ON THE WAY TO FRANCE

well HELLO EVERYONE I AM IN FRANCE

these past few days have been incredible. i mean, jetlagggg, but more than i could ever imagine or dream of.

i started my journey on thursday, flying to st. louis and then new jersey. i get major anxiety while flying, not because of flying, but because i am afraid i will lose my bags. (that sounded a lot lamer when i actually said it out loud) anywho, i am happy to report that my bags and i made it just fine. i stayed with my aunts jo and vicki who live in new jersey, and we had a fun time eating at a cute little rustic restaurant, watching movies, and chatting.

friday morning we drove back to newark airport where i took a bus to manhattan and another bus to jfk. (heeeellloooo again anxiety girl, able to jump to the worst conclusions in under ten seconds) even though it was pretty stressful with all my luggage, i was luckily able to make it through very fast with no problem.

from jfk i flew to reykjavik, iceland. lemme tell you something. while i was waiting at jfk to come on to my flight, i saw my lady pilot (which made me think that i probably want to be a lady pilot myself, but that didn't last long) and my lady and man flight attendants. everyone in iceland is blonde and looks like a supermodel. they were all passing by and i got super intimidated by all of them, but then the guy walked back with mcdonald's, so it was okay. also on my flight to paris from iceland, my flight attendant looked  like young leonardo dicaprio from titanic, aka jack dawson aka I HAVE A CRUSH ON EVERYONE FROM ICELAND.

when i sat down on the flight, the safety video was so serene. basically a girl was hiking, and they used her to describe how to do everything. you can watch the video here, and it will pretty much describe all the people in iceland and everything else about it too. the only pictures i took from iceland were of the bathroom. this is what each individual stall looked like. pretty much a dream, so you know, of course i had to take a picture of the bathroom.



pretty much you are all probably laughing at me right now because these pictures look dumb. but these bathrooms were AMAZING okay. each individual stall had these super white walls and toilet and sink, and the sink wasn't just a sink. it was a super high powered hand drying machine. 

besides having beautiful men (flight attendants) coming to check on me every so often, the flights were fine. i didn't really sleep that much (thank you aisle seat) but i did read a whole book. and i could look out the window and see the edge of the world at the point where the ocean ended and the sky began. i broke the ocean in half to fulfill my dreams, and i couldn't be happier about it. 

4 comments :

  1. HOW DO YOU EVEN LOOK AT THAT BEAUTIFULLNESS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom- So where's like, the hand dryer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most wonderful bathroom ever! Why doesn't America have those!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "i could look out the window and see the edge of the world at the point where the ocean ended and the sky began. i broke the ocean in half to fulfill my dreams, and i couldn't be happier about it."
    so. that is beautiful.
    YOU ARE SO COOL.

    ReplyDelete