28 January 2013

awkward blind dates, january, and other junk

oh how I live for the weekend! they are always filled with misadventures and way too much time in the library. we kicked off the weekend with another awkward blind date. I try, I really really do. I go on the date, and tell myself that we're going to have a good time, and sometimes it works, but sometimes, well, sometimes it just doesn't...

I won't go into details, but let's just say when we went to the MOA, we spent a good five minutes looking at the HUGE shark picture when I am actually deathly terrified of sharks and start having anxiety when I see them. so it was more of me standing there with my hands over my eyes for a good five minutes. 

On the bright side, it makes for a pretty funny story afterwards, and I got to see the Andy Warhol exhibit, which was awesome! And I went to the Roll Up Cafe, which will definitely be visited again. 

Saturday nights start out with Downton Abbey and making bows for my hair (I'm reverting back to my childhood with this one) and then end up with some Cafe Rio and Step Up Revolution- and don't forget to add a dance party. You always have to dance after watching Step Up. 

And January is almost over, but it made sure to give us a little more snow. It's really beautiful, though so I don't mind. Isn't it funny how when things are beautiful we seem to tolerate them more?

oh and this is really cute, we watched it in Relief Society, and I'm pretty sure it was filmed at my old high school's football field. I recognized it and then it said home of the eagles. I was an eagle once...

No comments :

Post a Comment