30 January 2013

summer

and it's snowing and snowing and snowing and snowing...

and i needed a little bit of change with these January Blues, but bangs are a pain to grow out, and i know if i cut my hair i'm going to hate it in a month. and i'm going to get married if i cut my hair. i have a very, very logical explanation for this. basically i've convinced myself that because i like short hair, but i would never want to have short hair when i get married or at other significant and highly photographed events, i will end up getting engaged or something as soon as i cut my hair. it'll be one of those meet and get engaged in two week deals, i'm convinced. and no one can convince me otherwise!

and i am really good at talking myself into making rash decisions when i'm supposed to be watching devotional (i blame whitney for part of this decision)...

so i decided to do a melt on my hair (that's when your hair is darker on the top, and then progressively gets lighter as you get to the ends)

about one and a half really stinky hours later (bleach smells awful



it worked! 

i was a little nervous about doing this to my hair this way because it kind of takes technique, but I watched a a bunch of youtube videos (ok, just one. but i did read like 2 articles), so i'm pretty sure i'm an expert. and i was just going to go even blonder at the ends, and i'm already pretty blond, so it couldn't be that drastic of a change.

it was really fun because kimberly was there, and she has these new headphones where you can't hear anything. you can't hear yourself singing, it's the best! so you put on the headphones with your hair wrapped in tin foil and all you can hear is the music pumping through your head and you can see your roommates making fun of you, but you can't even hear yourself, so it doesn't matter! we also went to this food place called cubby's. they have sandwiches, and they are SO good. go there sometime. and maybe decide to dye your hair and it actually will make you think of summer, because now the blond in my hair is what my hair looks like in the summertime after it's been bleached out by the sun, and I didn't have to get sunburned or more freckles in the process, which is pretty great!

*i'll put pictures of my when i take them

1 comment :