08 February 2013

a blessing

i'm going to tell you one of the coolest things that ever happened to me. saturday night i thought i broke my hand/wrist. it hurt so bad. so bad that i would just start crying. finally i went to the doctor on monday night and they told me i had damaged my nerve really bad- so bad that i might have to have surgery- and we looked at my hand xrays and there was definitely a crack in the bone. i had to get a huge and hard splint on my arm and elbow. it was so frustrating.

i couldn't do anything by myself. my hair, take off my shirt, eat, brush my teeth, write, and the list goes on. i was hurting so bad, and my hand would get swollen. i couldn't wear any of my clothes, and even though those things all seem trivial, to me they were huge. 

monday night after i got the splint my brother gave me a blessing. he told me i wouldn't need surgery and that everything would be okay if i had the faith to believe it to be true.

today i went back to the doctor, and he looked at the xrays and came back and said he couldn't find anything. he told me that there was nothing at all on the xrays. i got to take my splint off, and now i only have to have it wrapped for a couple of days because the nerve is tender still. in a matter of hours it felt like a total 360. 

i was so much happier, and it still hurts really bad and the wrap is annoying, but i think about everything that happened, and it's incredible. 

priesthood blessings are such a real and powerful thing. i am so grateful for my brother and friends who are able to give me blessings when i need them, and for my Heavenly Father who I know loves all of us and can help us through anything, whether it's a broken wrist, or a hard time in school or just life in general. 

 John 14:18 "I will not leave you acomfortless: I will bcome to you."



No comments :

Post a Comment