27 November 2014

TAKING STOCK//04





happy thanksgiving, friendsgiving, francegiving, whatever you want to call it. thanksgiving here in paris is definitely different than regular thanksgiving. we had our traditional thanksgiving meal on monday night, so today will be just spent with friends and probably indian food. while i could spend all day and night and day to write down everything i'm thankful for, it just wouldn't be possible to include everything, but i do want to mention my family, my friends (especially my little friend group here who have become so much my family), and my Paris. here is my thanksgiving taking stock (i cut out a lot of the things i usually do because i didn't see any use for them). i hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving. eat a ton of turkey and pumpkin everything for me. 

Making : knitting? 
Cooking : monday night we made a pumpkin surprise, adojskajdfosjd SO GOOD
Reading: the opposite of loneliness. it's a book and an essay. you can read the essay here 
Wanting: today i wish i could apparate home for a few hours for turkey day, but i don't really want anything else
Enjoying: paris. all of my friends. everything that my life is right now
Waiting: not really waiting, but excitedly anticipating seeing my family and all of my girlies who have come home from their missions while i have been in paris!
Liking: christmas music, ALL THE TIME
Loving: paris. all of my friends. everything that my life is right now. 
Marvelling: that it's thanksgiving. what happens to our time? have i been in paris for three months already?
Wearing: the same clothes over and over and over and over. i definitely can't wait to see all my other clothes because i love them. 
Knowing: how blessed and truly happy i am right now
Thinking: about the importance of knowledge and how it is, but all kinds of knowledge. i used to feel stupid for wanting and being interested in "unconventional" things like sewing and knitting and art, but being here in paris with all of these things around me and appreciated, i've been reminded of how all knowledge is beautiful
Feeling: like my heart is going to explode SO MUCH LOVE
Giggling: all day, everyday. i have never laughed so much in my life. 
to read previous taking stock//01/02/03

1 comment :

  1. so this is basically my same list? ya, it's not like we spend every single day together. ça va

    ReplyDelete