17 January 2012

happy

One of the best things about coming to college was being able to "start my life over," or as I would like to put it, I get a chance to let people see me the way I want them to see me. The only downfall to having no known background story is that everything I am, every part of me, I have to put out there if I want people to really know me. People here don't know what I've been through, they don't know what I love, they don't know what I'm afraid of, they don't know "my story."

So, because it's pretty hard to explain in a couple of minutes or even hours to everyone I meet, there is one thing that I decided to make a goal for myself this year: 

"be so happy that when people see you, they become happy too"



And let's be honest with ourselves here, we all have really crappy days and we just want to go curl up in our beds and sleep until the second coming, but if the only thing people remember me by is that I was that crazy girl who was always smiling and snorts when she laughs, that's good enough for me and worth it to me to try and smile even when I don't want to. 


No comments :

Post a Comment