25 February 2012

she's a dime...

...and her name's Lara and she's my best friend, partner in crime, pen pal, and we'll probably end up accidentally killing each other someday. Why do I lurve her so much?


1. we're completely different. she's totally smart (like she's going to be an engineer smart) and she loves math and science (ick!).  She's a total nerd, but she's my nerd. (I know, that's totally cheesy but whatever, I love cheese)

deux. she's passionate. She loves what she loves so much and deeply, it inspires me. I love passionate people.
(some of it might be on the verge of crazy, but hey what's the fun in being normal?)

3. we've been friends literally forever. we have known each other since I moved to Tennessee...so since I was two? I don't know if you can really be friends when you're that old but whatever... (que embarrassing old pictures...) (I had way too much fun going through these pictures)

a bunny and a princess

an angel and Mary, naturally

pilgrims!

we were very festive...

four. our conversations. two romantics, one hopeless and one slightly more logical = lots and lots of love talk. but we also talk about the important stuff and the stuff that makes me cry from laughing too hard. I love our gospel talks and conversations about life and dreams. we have different approaches but the same ideas. I can talk about anything and nothing with Lara.

5. our letters. with the whole "oldy" and "vintage" love thing that we've got going on, we write letters to each other. she has no idea the strength and comfort they bring me.

six. she is brave. she's never afraid to share her testimony, which gives me strength because I do not always have the same courage. she is completely steadfast in what she believes. She knows the importance of God and family.

7. she's so beautiful. inside and out. she's got that beautiful soul. and she doesn't even know it sometimes.
              



huit. she's tall. 5'10" (I'm pretty sure that's right :) ) is a pretty amazing thing. it also really helps us vertically challenged 5'3" people. I think your height is a beautiful thing. I always tell you you should rock it, and I'm so happy when you do!

9.  efy. girl's camp. secret sister. youth conference. trek. middle school. yw.

*TEN*our memories. there are too many to count...Switchfoot, Harry Potter, cleaning at DSM, dances, Jane Austen, email tag, band, basketball, designing bedrooms, shopping...

11. have you heard this girl sing? too bad. I got to see this lovely girl sing in the Bluebird Cafe in Nashville. For all of you non-nashvillians, that's a big deal. oh yeah, and she wrote the song herself. she's an amazing writer. she wrote the theme song for girls camp the past 2 years.

twelve. she's a great listener. she's been with me through thick & thin. she's gotten me through some of the hardest times of my life and she never judges me. She believes in my dreams no matter how crazy they may be.

my list can go on and on and on and on and on and on...

I love you Lara and I'll do anything for you ever! Even if that means calling at 2 in the morning. I'll come running. maybe someday I can be as good of a friend as you. 
When I grow up I wanna be just like you.

hehe this is my favorite picture because of your face :)



No comments :

Post a Comment