01 April 2012

blanched vegetables and grandma's house

Lara (in case you don't remember her you can read this) and I went to my grandma's house for General Conference on Sunday. Conference happens twice a year, and it's the most wonderful time. We get to listen to the Prophet and Apostles give us guidance, comfort, and direction from our Heavenly Father.

Now, conference is great for making us spiritually full. At grandma's house, we get more than spiritually full. Our tummies get full too! And we get to have chocolate milk for every meal! hehehe

I have eaten so much food I have a food baby. Actually I probably have food baby twins. It's ridiculous. Or, I can quote Morgan,  "'Oh I'm so fat! I just ate two babies...' (long pause to process what she actually just said) '...worth. Two babies worth! Oh man...' "

I learned how to be slightly more domestic (this coming from the girl who can't even flip pancakes without messing them up) because Grandma makes us great food, but she turns it into a cooking lesson. Somehow I can cook when she's telling me what to do and is standing there, but when she's not there I fail miserably.

She also says funny things (warning: all things from here on out may not seem that funny to you, but they're funny. I promise. Especially if you were there and knew my grandma):

During the beginning of President Monson's talk where he told the story about the grandma who never had her grandchildren over because they would break her precious and valuable things, my grandma turns to me and says, "Don't break my precious and valuable things."

When they announced what the closing song was going to be, my grandma just sighs and says, "let the tears begin."

"Do you like mushrooms?" "You can't tell me you don't like mushrooms when I'm looking you right in the face."

"My life is very different now that I live by myself, but I can't get that in my head, so I see all of these cute little dishes and I have to buy them. I figured I'm just buying for Erica!"


I have a new love. Blanched vegetables.
not even eating them, although I like to do that too, I just like to look at them.

I'm not even joking. They are the prettiest color I have ever seen. Look at them.


Isn't that the prettiest color you have ever seen? The picture doesn't even do it justice. I did did not stare at them for a little bit because they are the prettiest color I have ever seen.

Conversation with Lara:

Erica: "These are the prettiest color I have ever seen."
Lara: "I know. I want to make everything in my life this color."
Erica: "Yeah. Blanched vegetables"
Lara: "Emerald green..."
Erica: "Blanched vegetables"
Lara: "Color of all the leaves in the world..."
Erica: "Blanched vegetables"
Lara: "Green grass..."
Erica: "Blanched vegetables."
Lara: "I know they're blanched vegetables! The word blanched just doesn't sound attractive." 
Erica: "Blanched vegetables."

This is really funny. I just saw a commercial of prison inmates doing indexing for fun. Haha.

this might be kind of bad, but it's also kind of funny.



Anyway...

Conference this year was fantastic! I cannot wait to read the talks again. Let's be honest, I took notes and I listened, but I can't remember things that well sometimes. But I do remember the amazing spirit that I felt. I know everything that was said these past two days is true and divinely inspired from my Heavenly Father. It has been exactly what I needed to hear. I am so grateful that we have living prophets today that can get revelation for us!

"To all of us he beckons: Come back. Come up. Come in. Come home. Come unto me." - President Thomas S. Monson


I also have new quotes if you click on the "quote" button.


No comments :

Post a Comment