12 August 2012

The Closing Ceremonies in REAL TIME

I got glasses. You'll see them in a couple of seconds. And I had something happen to me for the first time today. I lost my glasses. But they were actually on my head. Way to make me feel old. I already have to say, "wait a second let me take out my glasses because I can't read without them." I'm seriously a grandma.

As you should all be well aware of by now, I LOVE the Olympics. And tonight was the closing ceremonies. And because I recently realized that 95% of the music that I have been listening to lately is all British people, my heart was overflowing with joy at thought of listening to some of them sing!

And I would have loved to watch it with all of you, but I couldn't, obvioulsly, but I decided to take pictures/ my sisters took pictures of my reaction to everything that's gone on so far. I actually stopped watching them after the Spice Girls, so there's about an hour I have to watch later.

get ready to see a WHOLE BUNCH of loveliness. This is my reaction to the Closing Ceremonies of the Olympics in (almost) REAL TIME.

 "Did you know the Spice Girls are going to be performing at the Olympic Closing Ceremonies?"
my reaction:

"and One Direction is going to be singing too. And Ed Sheeran."
my reaction:

"that lady's wearing grandma shoes."
my reaction:

"Is that Peter Pettigrew?"
my reaction:

"PRINCE HARRY!"
my reaction:

"Did that car just blow up and Batman and Robin come out of it?"
"why aren't they Christian Bale and Joseph Gordon-Levitt?"
my reaction:

"There is an old man wearing a skirt and playing a saxophone flying in the air."
my reaction (there was some snorting):


*disclaimer. before the next series of photos, I think it is important to tell you that, even though I did listen to One Direction everyday at the beginning of the summer, I took them off my playlist and haven't been listening to them for about a month. I was slowly getting myself off of the One Direction train, but that all fell apart because I just couldn't help myself. I am not ashamed of these next pictures. 

"I can't wait to see One Direction."
my reaction:


"Oh I see them!!!! Look there's Louis!!! and Harry and Zayn and Liam and Niall! Their clothes look SO good!"
my reaction:



"oh my gosh I do feel beautiful!"



"wait. Where's Harry's solo?"
my reaction:


"Look! USA! USA! I just love their white Ralph Lauren outfits. I wish I was an olympian so I could wear those outfits."
my reaction *Imagining myself as an olympian*:


"John Lennon and people signing "Imagine" seriously touched my soul."
my reaction:


"OOO Sparkly dresses. OOO Nathan Adrian. OOO Sparkly dresses."
my reaction *big eyes (that's about as big as my eyes can get):


"Look it's Ed Sheeran! I love that red head!"
my reaction:


"You go Jessie J! 'Everybody look to the left...'"
my reaction:


"Tinie Tempah and I are homies. Isn't it obvious?"
my reaction:


and at this moment I think I was even more excited than I was when I saw One Direction. 

*High pitched scream
"SPICE GIRLS!"
my reaction:


*dancing montage*

"so here's the story from a-z...

"if you want my future forget my past..."

"so don't go wasting my precious time..."

"zigazig ah."

I think the Spice Girls should be together forever.
Can that just be a law?
The Spice Girls always need to be together as a group.

Oh and I think the only person hotter than Victoria Beckham is David Beckham. #girl crush.

"oh my goodness they're singing Wonderwall! Memories!"
my reaction:


and then a whole bunch of cultural dancers came out and a guy in a Storm Trooper costume and I decided it was time to go to bed. 

That's it. The Olympics Closing Ceremonies according to Erica.




1 comment :

  1. Jose has met David Beckham! Remind me to tell you the story.

    ReplyDelete