18 September 2012

i'm doing it for the girls

I have something that I say all the time now, "I'm doing it for the girls."

As I mentioned here a couple days ago, I have been considering going into social work because I want to work at Women's shelters and help the girls who are struggling. Honestly, the number one group of people I want to work with are the prostitutes. I know. It's a little strange, and terrifying, but I just feel like I need to help them. I need to help the girls. I will have the opportunity to volunteer at a women's shelter in the next few months, and I am so excited. Another thing that really touched me is after I posted the above mention post, one of my friends texted me and told me she thought I was really brave for wanting to do this. It just made me feel even better about my decision.

I have officially decided to do my undergrad in Psychology and then go into the School of Social Work at BYU for my graduate school so I can do this! Yay for big life decisions! And, of course, this is completely off track from everything I had expected to do, but Heavenly Father has funny ways of letting us know what we're supposed to do. And I never thought I would be going to so much school. Fun...

But whenever I have to do homework or don't want to go to school or I question why I am even here, I always tell myself, "I'm doing it for the girls."


No comments :

Post a Comment