05 November 2012

cinnamon sugar and dixie chicks

Just the other day I was making toast and I remembered something from my childhood. Cinnamon sugar toast.

How could I have forgotten about this delicacy?

It's quite hard to make, but here's the recipe:

Toast a piece of bread. (We're grown up now, and use multigrain instead of white, I still can't force myself to willingly eat wheat)

Spread a lot of butter on it. A Lot. Remember, we're from the South here.

Mix together sugar and cinnamon until it looks like the white sugar is a nice, light brown-ish shade. That's how you know you have enough cinnamon.

Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top of the melted butter, and VOILA!

Truly a culinary masterpiece.

And if you really want to feel like home, and like you're living in your childhood, you can play the Fly CD by the Dixie Chicks because it reminds you of pretty much every afternoon in the 3rd and 4th grade when you would listen to it and make up dances in your bedroom.

Sometimes reminiscing is so sweet.

No comments :

Post a Comment